We're taking a look at our favorite all-season Duckfeet boot.
“I’m loving my Faborg boots - they are so comfortable and I enjoy the all the space for my toes…They are well made, the leather is soft but will last and get better with age - am looking forward to having a long relationship with these boots!!” -Wendy G.
- Duckfeet Fåborgs are lace-up boots made from vegetable-tanned heavy leather, with crepe rubber soles. The leather is a strong cow hide that softens with wear and, being a natural product, is very breathable.
- The Fåborg is a unisex classic that keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Duckfeet Fåborg boots are fine in snow or cold weather; the crepe rubber is supportive and hardwearing, and the leather wears well in chilly environments. We recommend a wool insole for Winter months.
- We always recommend that those looking for a walking shoe choose one with laces. The Fåborg is a great option for traveling and walking, and suits anyone with a need for ankle support.
“Beautiful leather, wonderful goodyear welt, extremely comfortable rubber sole. These boots absorb shock like no other I’ve ever owned or own now. Almost no impact to speak of. This is the single most impressive thing about them in my opinion. I’m not sure how they process the sole, but I don’t understand how something so durable can be so soft underfoot.” - Zachary V.
- These unisex leather boots are great for narrow or wide feet. The laces allow narrow feet to keep secure as the leather relaxes and softens.
- This model is typically stiff right out of the box and needs to be broken in. You will notice tightness on the tops and sides, and possibly the bridge as well.
- Once broken in the leather is soft and malleable and moulds to your unique foot-shape. They soften up beautifully, taking on fantastic & unique character.
- The laces offer fantastic support for traveling, walking, and problematic ankles.
- Suitable for a half or full orthotic, and great for anyone with an active lifestyle.
“As a person with wide feet who loves boots, it has often been a struggle to find boots that didn’t make me want to cry after wearing them for awhile. My Duckfeet boots are not only wide enough for me but so cute as well!” -Bridget
Sizing & Fit Notes
- We stock the Fåborg in Euro sizes 36 - 47.
- The fit of Fåborg boots is standard for Duckfeet shoes. Duckfeet boots and shoes are designed with space in mind, which is great for both average and wide feet.
- The toe box has ample room to allow toes to spread naturally and the boot progressively narrows towards the heel.
- It is standard for there to be some movement in the heel when you initially try on the boots; this is caused by the leather being stiff, and will dissipate as they wear in.
- To avoid blisters from the break-in process, check out our blog for alternative ways to soften up your pair that don't involve sacrificing your feet! breaking in your duckfeet
- It's important to ensure your toes are no more than lightly touching the end of your shoes when standing or walking.
- To ensure you select the correct size, measure your feet by standing on a ruler. Compare your largest measurement against our size chart here for a guide to your Duckfeet size.
- If your measurement matches the maximum length of a size, choose the next size up.
- Duckfeet Fåborg boots come in Blue, Bio, Brown, Slate, Cocoa, Granate, Green, and Jeans. Take a better look at them here.
“I love these boots so much I bought a second pair… I wear boots everyday from September until May and these are the boots I wear the most often. Outstanding!!!” -Robert P.