We're going over what makes the Roskilde one of the most popular & easiest Duckfeet styles.
- This unisex boot is great for both men and women, and offers an easy slip-on entry.
- Duckfeet Roskildes are pull-on chelsea boots made from vegetable-tanned heavy leather, built on top of a shock-absorbing crepe rubber sole.
- The leather is a strong cow hide that softens with wear and, being a natural product, is very breathable.
- They are secured with elastic on either side to allow for easy entry. This model also features a high instep and, being a pull on boot, works well with orthotics.
- The Roskilde is a style that works well in all seasons.
- Duckfeet shoes can be worn with or without socks in summer (and don't get smelly!) as the leather is a natural product that breathes.
- Duckfeet shoes are unisex, so anyone can wear this classic boot.
- The fit of the Roskilde is standard for Duckfeet shoes. Duckfeet are designed with space in mind, which is great for average to wide feet.
- The toe box has ample room to allow toes to spread naturally and the boot progressively narrows towards the heel.
- Narrow feet will work in this style too, although not as well due to a lack of laces or buckles, which usually hold a foot in place.
- These boots are great for high insteps.
- Movement is to be expected in this style, and lessens as the leather wears in.
- To avoid blisters from the break-in process, check out our blog for alternative ways to soften up your pair that don't involve sacrificing your feet! breaking in your duckfeet
- Roskilde are suitable for a half or full orthotic, so you can be supported all year round.
- We stock the Roskilde in Euro sizes 36 - 47 (no half sizes).
- It's standard for there to be some movement or spaces in the heel when you initially try on the shoes; this is caused by the leather being stiff, and will dissipate as they wear in.
- It's important to ensure your toes are no more than lightly touching the end of your shoes when standing or walking.
- To ensure you select the correct size, measure your feet by standing on a ruler. Compare your largest measurement against our size chart here for a guide to your Duckfeet size.
- If your measurement matches the maximum length of a size, choose the next size up.